PALS Campus Lecture!!! Important question everyone should ask to themselves!!!!!

PALS Campus Lecture

Good evening to one and all who visits my blog!!!! 
Yeah this is not an clickbait and you are not click baited at all. Let me explain you in brief

Most probably you would be wondering  by now why this guy has mentioned a subject that "Important Question one should ask themselves" while it was a Campus Lecture ???

Yeah you are right and today's morning eventhough I had expectations I was wondering that it would be a campus lecture (a normal one !)

But today's Lecture slapped in my Face, yeah literally!!! and asked me a question and that is the question that I have posted as the Subject today.

What was that much special?? you may be wondering right now. So I will not waste your one more second and I will jump right into the sub

My College Management Dhirajlal Gandhi College of Technology  arranged a Campus Lecture today in association with PALS (Pan IIT Alumini Leadership Series) forum. The honorable persons who were invited to provide the Lecture were

1. Mr. Varadarajan Sridharan (Associative Director, Cognizant Academy, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Chennai

2. Ms. J. Jeyappriadhevi (Founder & the Managing director of Kriyative Learning Solutions International Private Ltd., Chennai.

Varadarajan sir took a Lecture on the topic "LEARNING AGILITY - The most important employability skill" . 
Really his Lecture was the Best and Appropriate Answer to the million dollar question that was disturbing my mind day and night

So what was so much special in his Lecture today ???
No he didn't talk anything new to us. 
Do you know what covered me the most ??
The Reality of this changing generation and the world that he spoke today amongst us!!!

He started his Lecture with a  Quote 
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember 
from time to time that nothing that is WORTH Learning 
can be TAUGHT"
This wonderful quote was quoted by the famous person Oscar Wilde 
Yeah the same person whom we studied a non-detail about !!!

I will divide this blog to 3 parts as I will explain all the things that sir explained to us. Make sure you also read that Remaining 2 parts if you're interested .

Let us Continue to the topic now 
Varadarajan sir started his quote and the way he was presenting it and the paper template that he used for his paper were marvelous and it showed his professionalism in his field and education.

He said a percentage of Statistics to us 
A person who is learning, from where he would get his knowledge and how much percentage it would be divided 
He said 
"70% - Self learning
20% - Learning from  Colleagues (Peer Learning)
10% - Classroom Learning"
This was the percentage that he said to us !!!!

Next he said to us that what a normal person thinks that a person will think he should pursue the skills to be a successful citizen. The skills were
1. Cognitive                     
Problem Solving  
Creative Thinking

2. Business                       
Economic Literacy 
Project Management

3. Personal                       
Ethics                     
Conduct                 
Accountancy          

4. Cultural                        
Multicultural           
Civic                       

5. Competency                 
Academic Excellence

This were the skills that a normal person would think to survive in this generation and you know what you and me are wrong!!!!!!

There are another more 2 important skills that are very much necessary to survive in this generation
They are 
1. Self Learning          
2. Technology Skills   
Programming etc.

These are the another tow more important skills that are very much important to a human to live in this generation .

In next Blog I will be explaining these two Important Skills !!!! Stay tuned I hope that this will be enough for today as everything that I want to express to you can't be done In a  single day and so please wait tomorrow I would upload the next part !!!! 



Comments

  1. Great..this will help lot of people who missed it. Waiting for the next part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you naa and sure I will publish the rest in upcoming days

      Delete
  2. Wow! Sad that I didn't happen to attend the lecture but now glad that I got the chance be there through you :) Good work 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sister and I'm very much pleased to hear that you felt that you were in the event through me!! I will work harder and make sure everyone gets the important contents that they want !!!

      Delete

Post a Comment